Look, I don't have a lot of time here, so I'm just gonna drop a few hints about some beats and beeps I've been digging lately—the kind of stuff you can hear with me on Ultrasound Radio...
- St. Vincent, "Digital Witness"—The best Tori Amos song in years (ROFLCOPTER). Sam from Jet Set Radio needs to stop stealing my thunder with this track.
- Todd Terje, "Delorean Dynamite"—Did you fall all over Daft Punk's Random Access Memories last year? Well, pick yourself up and bump your head on It's Album Time.
- Eno + Hyde, "Daddy's Car"—I haven't listened to all of Someday World yet, but if the rest of it is as good as this second leak, I think these two newcomers might have a future.
- Nikka Costa, "Like a Feather"—Throwback alert! First heard the riff in As Heard on Radio Soulwax Vol. 2 but didn't know the first place to find it. Now obsessed, thanks to Wil Schade.
- The Grid, "Crystal Clear (Clear, Like An Unmuddied Lake)"—Throwback alert! That's The Orb going HAM on some fellow musicians from the heyday of ambient dub/start of big beat.